Which are your favorite Alexander Graham Bell quotes?
Alexander Graham Bell was a Scottish-born scientist and inventor best known for inventing the first working telephone in 1876 and founding the Bell Telephone Company in 1877.
Bell’s success came through his experiments in sound and the furthering of his family’s interest in assisting the deaf with communication. Bell worked with Thomas Watson on the telephone, though his prodigious intellect would allow him to work on numerous other inventions, including flying machines and hydrofoils.
8 Alexander Graham Bell Quotes
- A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he is born with – a man is what he makes of himself. — Alexander Graham Bell
- Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. — Alexander Graham Bell
- Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. — Alexander Graham Bell
- Great discoveries and improvements invariably involve the cooperation of many minds. I may be given credit for having blazed the trail, but when I look at the subsequent developments I feel the credit is due to others rather than to myself. — Alexander Graham Bell
- Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open. — Alexander Graham Bell
- The most successful men, in the end, are those whose success is the result of steady accretion. — Alexander Graham Bell
- What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. — Alexander Graham Bell
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. — Alexander Graham Bell
Thank you for reading this collection of Alexander Graham Bell quotes, I hope you get inspired and take action now!
Please share with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter so that they are also inspired by this article using the button below.